Pages

Thursday 7 June 2012

News of the Day

We woke to rain this morning:  Not just a little shower but drenching, pouring straight down, filling the gutters kind of rain.  And cool temperatures.  
It felt more like March than June.


Mother Nature must've heard our complaints because by mid-afternoon the rain had subsided.  Unfortunately, it left us because the rain clouds were blown away by a stiff breeze that made a cool day even cooler.

I figure you can complain about that kind of weather or you can make the best of it. 

Why not try using the rain as an art material?


I think this rainy day lunch from Meet the Dubiens would be perfect after a walk in the rain


and a cup of hot cocoa is a perfect way to warm up after a little puddle jumping.


I want comfort food on a day like today.




There's something cozy about picking up your knitting needles or crochet hook
on a day like today. 

I enjoy a vintage pattern so I was very pleased to find I could access them at no cost from Vintage Knitting Patterns.


I love that it's available in infant, child and adult sizes.
I am SO wearing this next winter!

 
We have another wet, rainy day in the forecast tomorrow.
I'm headed to the library tonight to pick up some books.
There's nothing like curling up with a good book on a rainy day.
Any recommendations?

2 comments:

craftmates said...

Hi Aunt B,

First time here. Thanks so much for leaving a comment on our blog. As a newbie blogger, I really appreciate hearing from others through their comments.

That mac n' cheese from the Barefoot Contessa looks really good! Hmmm, I'm getting hungry.

I hope you'll get nice weather this weekend.

Enjoy!
Virna

Aunt B said...

Thanks for stopping by to check it out Virna. Comments are always nice, aren't they? :) I enjoyed your post.

We're used to rainy skies here but it looks like the sun is trying to break through. Fingers crossed!