Pages

Friday 1 June 2012

News of the Day

Sometimes the cosmos conspires to give you just what you need, just when you need it.
I woke up tired today—never a good beginning—but found plenty of inspiration and encouragement along the way. 

Gardens always lift my spirits.  This beautiful rose, jeweled in rain drops, greeted me from the flowerbed beside my office door this morning.


The first thing I saw when I opened my Facebook today was this inspiring quote, shared by Pure Nourishment:
"We have become accustomed to living our life with joy amidst pain and challenges.... You have to celebrate the gifts because life is so hard and I think once you realize life's gonna be hard, the good stuff really comes forward." ~Dana Reeve


Canning Granny shared this picture on Facebook and said "'We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.' Dontcha just LOVE a brand new box of crayons!?!?!?!"


My family and friends tease me about my "crayon addiction." I always feel the need to have at least one or two big, brand new boxes in the cupboard.
Not that I don't use the old crayons.
I do, right down to the nubs, and then I melt them down to use in other crafts.
Still, there is something about the promise of a brand new box of crayons. 
When you open them, the scent immediately transports you back to childhood. :)

Joybilee Farm shared this amazing photograph of the solar eclipse, from the National Geographic “My Shot” gallery.  It’s wonderous.


This charming piece about Winged Tenants at Carina’s Craft Blog made me smile.


I’m inspired by people who have a gift for seeing the best in the things around them.  Donna of Funky Junk Interiors (a BC girl, from the Fraser Valley), proves that you truly can make one man's junk into another man's treasure. Check out what she did with this garden outbuilding.




On a day like today, I find myself wanting comfort food.  These Cowboy Beans from What's for Dinner? Mom would be just the ticket.


There are few dishes more comforting than polenta.  Chat ’n Dish has figured out how to make it in the microwave.  Clever woman!


Pizza can be comfort food too.  For many of us, it’s a go-to meal on busy nights when we want to treat ourselves.  Yummly shared some pizza recipes that would be perfect for a Friday night at home.



All in all, it turned out to be a very good day.
I hope your Friday was a happy one too. :)

No comments: