Pages

Thursday 17 July 2014

Good Morning

Some days I need to be reminded of my good fortune. This is one of them so, instead of my usual post, I thought I'd start the day by counting some of my blessings.  

This morning I am grateful for:

  • Breathing in and out
  • My comfortable home
  • Food on my table
  • My fella, and the fact that our love has grown stronger over time
  • My family
  • My friends
  • Music
  • Quiet
  • Conversation
  • Books
  • This beautiful place
  • Cooler weather
  • Gentle breezes
  • Lush green forests
  • Golden fields
  • The smell of new-mown hay
  • Wildflowers growing along roadsides
  • Bullrushes in ponds
  • Water lilies growing wild at the lake
  • Tidal marshes
  • Ducks, and geese, and herons, and cormorants
  • Eagles, and hawks, and falcons, and osprey
  • Shy deer grazing in the shade
  • Fat brown rabbits darting in and out of tall grass
  • Piebald cattle grazing on dandelion-spangled grass
  • Still bay waters reflecting brightly coloured boats
  • The dusty blue moire water of the strait
  • Silver haze rising from the water in the morning sun
  • White seagulls playing on the breeze


Life is pretty wonderful, don't you think?

Have a joyful day.