Pages

Monday 18 June 2012

Sunshine Award



I feel so blessed to have connected with some wonderful people since starting my blogs.  People that I have never met in person but have gotten to know through our mutual likes and things we find inspiring in our lives.  People that have shown such generosity, love, humor and just downright ‘care’ for me and mine.

Tara at Della Rose Living is one of those people I speak of, and she has generously given me  the Sunshine Award; an award given by bloggers to other bloggers.

Tara has been a generous motivator to me and my blog.  Her positive attitude and beautiful work have provided me an excellent example, encouraging me along the way as I have worked to build my blogs and my Facebook page.  I love her passion for life, and her compassionate nature.  A great lady indeed, and one that I’m happy to have connected with.

Part of the award is giving it to other bloggers that have inspired you!   Passing it on, if you will.   Below are the rules:

Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. Answer 10 questions about yourself. Select 10 of your favorite bloggers, link their blogs to your post and let them know they have been awarded the Sunshine Award! Don’t forget to copy and paste the award on your blog!
So here goes!
  1. Favorite color: Rainbow.  I can't pick a favourite colour because I love them all!
  2. Favorite animal: Great blue heron.  These amazing birds are a common sight on the shores and estuaries here.  Ungainly in appearance and perfectly graceful in motion, these ancient birds have become a personal totem for my husband and I.
  3.  Favorite number: I really don't have one.  I'm "math impaired" and would avoid numbers entirely if I could!
  4. Favorite drink: Tea.  There are few things better than being curled up on the couch on a rainy day with a hot cup of tea and a good book.
  5. Facebook or Twitter: Facebook, although I'm annoyed at their recent glitches and "filtering."  Twitter is too noisy for me and feels like a bunch of people who are all busy talking to themselves.  Now if they'd included Pinterest in this list...  ;)
  6. Good Book or a Good Movie: Book every time.  Your imagination is always going to be better than someone else’s and, besides, I rarely have the patience to sit through an entire film!
  7. My Passion: Oh, gosh!  Do I have to pick just one?  If so, I it ulitmately comes down to the people I love.  Everything else is just icing on the cake.
  8. Giving or getting presents:   Giving.  
  9. Favorite day of the year:  Every day brings its own special gift.
  10. Favorite flowers: That depends upon the time of year.  Each season brings its own beauty.  Right now I'm in love with the tangles of wild rose and honeysuckle in the hedgerows, and the swaths of white daisies growing among the tall grass in the fields. 
And now to pass on to 10 other bloggers in no particular order…

Joshua Becker of Becoming Minimalist because he helps me to remember that the things that make us happiest are not really things at all.

Randy Hall of Photography by Randy Hall because he shares my love of this beautiful place and helps me to see familiar sights with new eyes.

Kristen of We Are THAT Family because she has a unique ability to enjoy, and share, the happiness she finds in every day life.

Rebecca Subbiah of Chow and Chatter because her Facebook page posts are like chatting with a chum, and her blogs are always both interesting and informative.

The Happy Houswife shares recipes I remember from my grandmothers' kitchens, together with charming glimpses of life in Wales.  Her husband shares his own particular brand of quirky humour through his Facebook page, The Henpecked Husband

Jams'n'Pans shares delicious recipes from Brighton on her blog, and charming posts about day-to-day life on her Facebook page, together with some gorgeous pictures of beautiful food.

Michael Wurm of Inspired by Charm, brightens my days with lovely images, beautiful food, and positive thoughts.

Donna from Funky Junk Interiors shares interesting pictures and places from the Fraser Valley. She inspires me with her wonderfully creative approach to fashioning beautiful things from found objects.

And I've run out of space on my list!  If your name is not here, it's not because I don't admire your work.  I do!  I'm inspired every day by the work of my blogging friends.  My life is richer because of you.  :)

Thank you again Tara for giving me the award!  A true honor coming from you sweet lady!

Beth

4 comments:

chow and chatter said...

thanks Beth Anne hugs

Unknown said...

You are so very welcome Beth! Thank you for all of your kind words! wow! So many wonderful connections have been made through my blog and fb page. I'm so thankful for them all!! <3

Aunt B said...

It's wonderful how blogging has broadened horizons for so many of us. :)

Aunt B said...

My pleasure Rebecca. I so enjoy your posts.